Tuesday, January 30, 2007

A Parents Struggle

I've always done my best
to be kind, loving and there for you
to be a friend to lean on, confide in and give advice.

I try to put myself in your shoes
and when we have a fight I try not to say
things I'll regret and scar you for life.
If I'm wrong, I will always be truthful and admit I've made a mistake.
No matter how hard I try to be patient, thoughtful and encourage conversations with you
one day is all it takes for both of us to erase all the progress we have made & go to our old ways.

Constant disrespect and blame for all that doesn't go your way.
When you unload what you've held for so long inside,
without a sense of regret or a need to apologize.
Holding you accountable for your behavior is what I must do
but taking your TV doesn't quite matter to you.

I love you with all your stellar qualities and faults
your old enough to recognize the disrespect you have for me.

Parents love, provide and protect!
But at times we must step back
to teach our children to be successful in life, it's all about respect.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Erika said...

Hmmm...I wonder which nephew this is about...Good verse sis.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Did my nephew do something?

The only thing he mentioned to me about you recently is that you made him sloppy Joe's for supper the other night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home