Wednesday, August 16, 2006

What's in a Name?

For my first posting I wasn't quite sure what I would focus on. I've read a few Blogs and it seems that each individual has one area in their life which is defining who they are, who they're becoming and their experiences.

For example, being single offers a variety of aspects to discuss such as: dating, differences between men and women. How hard it is to find love and happiness and who can forget the loneliness which rears its ugly head every now and then. Some wrote about parenting. It too can offer a number of topics to cover.

So it came to me, why not write about everything and anything. I can touch on all subjects; Marriage, parenting, etc. I've gone through many different experiences, I am quite confident there is something for everyone. I don't want to focus on one aspect of my life.

It was extremely easy to pick the perfect Blog name, "Jill" of all Trades. I am no expert in one area of my life. When I was taking my Bachelors degree in Business Administration at St FX, one of our Professors referred to our degree/class as being deep generalists. If he only new how much I feel like a deep generalist in all areas of my life. Knowledgeable in many things but not a master of anything.

I believe my own decision making or lack of, my generation and personality play a major role as to why I am still a "Jill" of all Trades at the age of 27 (almost 28). Time is passing me by and my sole passion remains still undefined.

2 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Erika said...

I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit there sis. You're great at many things, especially making people feel connected and loved with your heartfelt cards at Christmas/ birthdays, etc. It makes our special occassion even better :)

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Sean said...

i was griping one day because no careers excited me. dad said to suck it up, he was nearing retirement and had spent 40+ years plus the childhood on the farm working in jobs that he frequently hated. but the way he looked at it, he worked hard doing things he hated so that he could afford doing things he loved. i still hate my job most days, but that helps me hate it a little less. although i'm now that much more resentful when i have to pay money on bills and things i get zero enjoyment out of.

welcome to the blogging fray!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home