Sunday, January 28, 2007

The Pursuit of Happiness

Last night my son Zachary and I went to see "The Pursuit of Happiness" staring the hunky and talented Will Smith. I highly recommend this movie but not because it got great reviews or the excellent acting by Will and his son. This movie teaches one of the most basic lessons in life, "believe in yourself and if you put your mind to it you can do anything". Why is it that something we all have been told numerous times, such as the above lesson, we continue to punish ourselves with thoughts that we are not good enough and self doubt.

For those who were not aware, this movie is based on a true story. The real person this movie was about was a guest on Oprah not that long ago. I think he is the most humble multi-millionaire I have ever seen on TV. The unique aspect was that it wasn't what this man said, it was his eyes. His eyes told his story. You could see warmth, compassion, sadness, hardship, kindness, determination and most of all love. Some say that our eyes are the gate way to our soul...

In the movie; Will and his son go through one hardship after another. In the end, there is only one person you can count on in this world, you. If we believe in ourselves, no matter how trying the journey is, we will succeed.

4 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did my nephew think of the movie?

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Kirsten Sampson said...

Zach said, always give to bums. That's what he thought the lesson was.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Kirsten Sampson said...

I told Zachary that although giving to "bums" is a kind act, that was not the lesson. Instead of asking me what the lesson was, he said, "I didn't say bums, I said, you should always give to hobos."

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Kirsten Sampson said...

I told Zachary that although giving to "bums" is a kind act, that was not the lesson. Instead of asking me what the lesson was, he said, "I didn't say bums, I said, you should always give to hobos."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home